Friday, February 25, 2011

Bedroom Design Inspiration

I’ve been flipping through shelter magazines and browsing home furnishing stores to obtain some inspiration for my bedroom makeover. Here is what I have in mind:


  1. I found a variety of warm gray paint shades at Restoration Hardware. So far, Slate (the background paint color) is in the lead.
  2. Since I am planning on going with a dark wall color, I was thinking of using white accessories. I love these white porcelain foo dogs.
  3. I own a walnut bed from Room & Board. I think I will end up using some walnut accents and/or wall shelves as well.
  4. Another white accessory I just love (from Z Gallerie).
  5. Vintage (or faux vintage) Asian accents are a must!
  6. A cashmere throw, in a similar color to the walls, would be perfect. (I’ll keep checking Gilt Home and One Kings Lane for a bargain.)
  7. I love Edison Bulb lighting, and this wall sconce from Restoration Hardware looks great and is definitely budget friendly.
  8. I really like the idea of white-on-white bedding. The gray cashmere throw would be the only color on the bed. (Is gray even a color?)
  9. I already own a pair of book tables from Baker Furniture. They are narrow enough to fit side-of-bed and have a lower shelf and freeze drawer for added storage. Perfect!

1 comment:

Designers For Bedroom said...

Your idea is amazing i really inspire with your collection the all things are superb using of edison bulb is good i like your post,
Thanks for share a nice post