Friday, March 4, 2011

Plan Your Work & Work Your Plan

“Plan your work and work your plan.” A previous boss use to say this to me all the time. Who would have thought I would put it into practice when designing my bedroom. So, in order to “work my plan” I thought I had better “plan my work” (or at least have an idea of what I would like to accomplish).



  1. I purchased the Copenhagen Bench as a floor sample at the Merchandise Mart. It’s from Baker’s Lexicon collection.
  2. I purchased a pair of Book Tables from Baker’s Milling Road collection ten years ago. They started out as side tables in my living room (ten years ago), moved to a guest bedroom/TV room (five years ago), and have been in my current bedroom since.
  3. I just ordered the Crown Molding Shelves in Espresso finish from Pottery Barn. I hope they look as good as the samples I saw at the North Avenue store in Chicago.
  4. I purchased the Pandan Hamper from The Container Store when I first moved into my small space. It’s well made, and the round shape is perfect in my tiny bedroom.
  5. The Parsons Mini Desk in Walnut veneer from West Elm just arrived! I cannot wait to put it together (written with sarcasm).
  6. The Black lacquer Moroccan Stool from Baker Studio is another sample from the Merchandise Mart.

No comments: